The governor of the Khabarovsk Territory, as it should be for civil servants, transferred all his assets to trust management, thus remaining the co-owner of two companies engaged in the wholesale of electrical equipment, construction, chemical and insulating products, as well as providing financial services for business. At the same time, his wife, Larisa Starodubova, owns shares in five more organizations, including the production of steel and the sale of scrap.
Sergei Furgal has been in charge of the Khabarovsk Territory since September 28, 2018, but before his appointment as governor, he was a quite successful businessman.
As is known from open sources on the Internet, not confirmed by any documents, in the late 1990s, the older brothers of the former governor, Alexei and Yuri, actively traded scrap metal with the Chinese city of Heihe. Alexey attracted Sergey to the business. The brothers were able to obtain the building of a former illegal bottling shop, but after a failed attempt to open a shop there, they sold the building. This transaction constituted the first capital for the future business.
Reference! Furgal Sergey Ivanovich became the Governor of the Khabarovsk Territory in September 2018 and was removed from office in July 2023 in connection with his arrest and charges of organizing murders 15 years ago.
In the same way, the opening by the businessman of the MIF-Khabarovsk company together with Nikolai Mistryukov, the founder of which, according to an extract from the Unified State Register of Legal Entities, Dzhunusov Rustam Dzhambulovich, was in fact not confirmed. Of course, now it is difficult to reliably say what happened in the 90s and early 2000s. Therefore, let’s move on to the business, the details of which are documented.
Screenshot: extract from the Unified State Register of Legal Entities for the organization “MIF-Khabarovsk”/egrul.nalog.ru
Over the past 20 years, Sergey Furgal, together with other people, has opened several companies:
- LLC “Alkuma”, registered in 2000 and engaged in activities for the provision of services for business. The businessman owns 25% of the shares, which, after he took public office, were given into trust management. According to the financial statements published on the audit-it.ru portal, net profit for 2019 amounted to 3.1 million rubles;
- LLC “DalPromSnab” The company was opened in 2003. Furgal also owns 25% of it. Type of activity: rental and management of own or leased residential real estate, trade in electrical equipment, construction, lubricants and insulating materials, chemical products, rubber products, etc. Profit for 2019 exceeded 12.7 million rubles. (a source).
Sergei Ivanovich is still a co-owner of these companies, although he does not officially take part in business management.
In addition, Furgal owned several more companies during these years, which have now ceased to exist:
- “Modern City” LLC. Registered in 2007. The organization was engaged in financial and accounting intermediation, as well as services related to the sale and lease of real estate. The governor here owned 16.5% of the shares. The company was liquidated in 2009;
- LLC “LDF” Created in 2009. The main activity is the extraction, enrichment and agglomeration of brown coal. In addition, the company was engaged in the extraction of sand, gravel, clay and the preparation of construction sites. Furgal’s share was 25%. The company was liquidated in 2010.
It is interesting! According to the Moskovsky Komsomolets newspaper, in less than two years of governorship, Furgal increased the average salary in the region by 18.3%, reduced the cost of air travel for residents of the region three times, solved the problems of deceived equity holders, returning apartments of more than 4,000 people, twice reduced the staff of officials and also halved the wages of himself and his deputies. He also removed tax breaks from highly profitable oil and timber companies.
Business registered in the wife’s name
Like many political figures, Sergei Ivanovich registered part of his companies to his wife, with whom he is officially divorced, but in fact lives in a civil marriage.
Photo: twitter: @ldpr27 (LDPR in the Khabarovsk Territory) / Sergei Furgal with his wife
So, Starodubova Larisa Pavlovna is the owner of several companies:
- LLC “Stalcom” Date of registration: 2006, the organization is engaged in the processing of waste and scrap of ferrous metals. The governor’s wife owns 25%. The company is quite profitable and brought about 7.8 million rubles to its owners in 2019;
- LLC “Amurstal” It exists since 2016 and is engaged in the production and sale of steel ingots. 75% of the shares are owned by Armada JSC and 25% by Larisa Starodubova. This is the most profitable company of Furgal’s entire business – revenue in 2019 amounted to 22 billion rubles, and net profit – 460 million rubles;
- LLC Management Company Amurstal. Established in 2017 and servicing the head office. The share of Larisa Pavlovna is 25%. In 2019, according to audit-it.ru, accounting reports were submitted to the tax office with losses of 63 thousand rubles;
- Dialog LLC, registered in 2018. The company is engaged in advising on commercial activities. Starodubova owns 50% of the shares. The company shows only losses;
- Torex LLC, established in 2007 and currently in the process of bankruptcy. The activity of the company completely coincides with Stalkom LLC, however, its profits are significantly higher – 210 million rubles. for 2019, Furgal’s wife owns 25%.
Screenshot: financial results of Stalcom LLC for 2019 / rusprofile.ru.
To this topic: what kind of business does the arrested mayor of Tomsk and his wife have.
All shares owned by Furgal’s wife have been transferred to trust management. Thus, officially the former governor has not been engaged in business in the last two years.