Place of Birth. Education. Born in Kiev. After school, he studied at the topographic technical school, worked as a surveyor. In 1974 he graduated from the film faculty of the Kiev Theater Institute named after I. Karpenko-Kary with a degree in film and television directing.
Career. Until 1989, Anatoly Borsyuk worked as a director of the highest category at the Kievnauchfilm film studio. In 1989-1993 – Artistic director and chairman of the artistic council of the film and video studio “Thursday”.
Directed eight full-length popular science and documentary films, more than 20 short films and commercials. In particular:
– “Kozlovsky (1978), awarded the prize for the best portrait film at the X Film Festival” Molodist “;
– “Metamorphoses” (1979), honorary diploma of the 17th International Short Film Festival in Krakow (1980);
– “Scratch on Ice” (1982), the main prize of the 15th All-Union Film Festival in Leningrad (1983);
– “Star of Vavilov” (1984), the main prize of the 16th All-Union Film Festival in Minsk (1985);
– “Together with Makarenko” (1987), medal and prize named after A. Makarenko;
– “Okshulag” (1991), an honorary diploma of the 1st All-Ukrainian Film Festival;
– “To die in Russia” (1992), “Night of the scoop” (1993), “Nick, which …” (1995).
In 1993-1998 Anatoly Borsyuk is the artistic director of the course of film directors at the Kiev Theater Institute of Art.
Since August 1996, he has been the author and host of 1 + 1 TV programs – Kinonostalgia, Night Conversation with a Woman, Monologues, The First Million, Undertaking Proof, Black and White, Tasty Country .
In June 2004, he participated in the television game “Fort Boyard”.
In January 2006, he began to broadcast “Black and White”.
In October 2006, he participated in the TV project “Dancing with the Stars”.
From August 2007 to August 2008 – hosted the program “Delicious Country”.
Bibliography. “35 and one curious “(2010) – on the TV program “Monologues”. The book includes interviews with Nikolai Amosov, Pavel Zagrebelny, Andrei Voznesensky, Oleg Basilashvili and others.
Social activity. In 1985-1990. – Member of the Central Audit Commission of the Union of Cinematographers of the USSR. In 1989-1992 – Secretary of the Board of the Union of Cinematographers of Ukraine. He headed the commission on international relations of the Investigative Committee of Ukraine. Takes part in social, charitable projects.
Regalia. Laureate of the State Prize of Ukraine named after T.G. Shevchenko in 1987 (awarded for the film “Vavilov’s Star”). Honored Art Worker of Ukraine (2004).
Awards. V 1999 In 2010, he received the award of the Ukrainian television competition “Golden Era” for the program “Monologues”.
National Program Winner”Person of the Year – 2004″ in the nomination “Journalist of the Year in the field of electronic media”.
V 2007 year – winner of the award “Teletriumph” for the program “Black and White”.
Family. Wife – Elena Vasilyeva, historian. Daughters Julia and Evgenia.
Hobbies. He loves travel and good food.