Share on social networks
Someone turns millions and billions, but it’s not you yet? Now, to be honest, what do you think when you hear success stories about Her or Him, in which everything goes fantastically well: the first million years at 25, the most expensive car, a luxurious house, several active businesses that inspire assets …. The success stories of rich people, in fact, are too diverse to be “combed” with one brush and taken in a stereotyped way.
It can often seem that rich people became rich without lifting a finger – after all, behind such a successful person there were already mountains of gold, green rustling banknotes donated by their parents, and not taking advantage of all this is a sin.
So that nothing seems, and finally understand the reality for yourself – that you can sit in a soft leather interior of a car, or open a bottle of the most expensive wine on your own terrace, and all this without reference to ready-made soil, we will simply demonstrate 10 real stories of becoming the richest people in the world from virtually nothing. From scratch, without support and golden diapers.
By the way, not all the biographies of the rich people of the world, which we will now tell about, are familiar to you. If you were guided only by Forbes ratings, there will be an opening. Why not expand your own boundaries?
10. Michael Rubin opens the top ten richest people on the planet. The future billionaire and founder of Kynetic sold seeds to his neighbors as a child. At the age of 10, the enterprising boy was already hiring 5 guys to remove snow from neighbors’ lawns for a fee. At the age of 14, Michael already had his own store, and at 23, under his leadership, there was a company with a turnover of $ 50 million. Michael’s fortune is estimated at 2.3 billion dollars. Almost always strong personalities begin in this way: with the manifestation of an entrepreneurial vein from an early age.
9. Oprah Winfrey will be the only woman in our ranking of the richest people in the world. Yes, not in the first place, but if it were a rating of diligence and dedication, she could be safely given the championship. Now she is 62 years old and her path to success has nothing to do with the story of Cinderella. She can answer questions about how rich people became rich based on personal experience: she plowed and achieved everything herself. Oprah Winfrey was born into a poor family. Mother was a maid and father was a miner.
For the first 6 years of her life, Oprah lived with her grandmother in the wilderness. The American TV presenter herself admitted in an interview that she was raped at the age of 9 and became pregnant at 14. The child died shortly after birth. At the age of 17, Oprah began working as a reporter, and in 1986 she created her own program, The Oprah Winfrey Show. In 2011, she launched her own TV channel, OWN. The state of the TV presenter is estimated at 3.2 billion dollars.
8. This guy doesn’t make tens of billions like some of the top rankings do, but he does have something in store: almost $10 billion in hard-earned capital. He owns a 7.6% stake in Facebook. Dustin Moskowitz was born into a Jewish family in Washington DC. The father worked as a psychiatrist, but more information about Dustin’s family was not disclosed.
7. In the honorable seventh place of our TOP-10 richest people, Canadian-American engineer Elon Musk. He is 12 years older than Dustin Moskowitz. Elon Musk’s net worth is $12.3 billion. He founded SpaceX and X.com. The latter, after merging with Confinity, was called PayPal and was sold for $1.5 billion. Musk was born in South Africa. True, the father was a businessman, and the mother was a famous model, so it is difficult to call the family poor. But there is a downside to the coin – Elon was often beaten at school, and this, of course, left a significant mark on the level of self-esteem.
At 12, Elon made his first video game and sold it for $500. It was the first independent earnings on the way to billions. If you look at what such children do from an early age, you can predict future success for them. And success “overtook” Elon.
6. Meet Li Ka-shing, the richest and most powerful man in Hong Kong and Asia. While Forbes was estimating Hong Kong’s Superman net worth at $25.5 billion, it has grown to $34. And this is 2015 data. We think Li still did well in 2016. In narrow circles, this enterprising Hong Konger is called “Superman” and is now 87 years old.
Li Ka-shing is the chairman of the boards of Cheung Kong Group and Hutchison Whampoa, which have a capitalization of about 15% of the Hong Kong stock market. Among the stories of rich people who started from scratch, his is one of the most difficult. For understanding: Lee was born in the family of the most ordinary teacher.
From the fifth grade, Kashin began selling watch straps, and a little later he got a job at a plastic watch factory. 16 hours of work in a factory and after attending an evening school – this is how the Hong Kong guy Li Ka-shing began his journey to the first million. Having gained experience in the factory, he began to trade in plastic flowers himself, and soon headed his own company.
5. The stories of rich people who started from scratch are not the same. Like the story of Sergey Brin, who also falls into our ranking of the richest people in the world in fifth place. Sergey is nothing at all – 42 years old and he is a co-founder of Google. Sergei was born into a Jewish family of mathematicians who moved to the United States in 1979, and the future billionaire was only 5 years old. In 2016, according to Forbes magazine, the fortune of an American entrepreneur with Russian roots was estimated at almost $35 billion.
4. You probably heard about this guy too. Larry Page is an American billionaire who, together with Sergey Brin, created the first search engine, which eventually grew into the most powerful tool for finding any information – Google. Larry was born into a professorial family, and while getting an education at the prestigious Stanford University, he met Brin. The joint launch of Google, as we see, has become a gold mine for the guys. Now the state of Larry Page is estimated at $ 32.3 billion, and this is the 17th place in the Forbes rating, however, in 2014. We dare to assume that in 2 years a couple of billions have increased.
Biographies of the richest people in the world: TOP-3. Who is in the lead?
3. Another example of crazy success without any seemingly chance of it from birth is American businessman Sheldon Adelson. Sheldon is one of the twenty richest people according to Forbes magazine. Adelson once again proves that the richest people on the planet are not those who were born and immediately fell into golden diapers. The son of a taxi driver, a newspaper salesman at the age of 12, a court reporter and even a toiletry salesman. Sheldon got a lot. The future American billionaire was born into a Jewish family. And by the way, he is recognized as the richest Jew.
According to the most recent figures that have been announced, Sheldon Adelson’s net worth is $38 billion. Not bad, right? The billionaire receives the main income from his investments in real estate: the construction of casinos, hotels, shops, expo centers, etc.
2. We only write “Mark”, and you already understand who we are talking about. And yes, you are not mistaken. Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of the social network Facebook, also enters the TOP 10 richest people in the world. In May, Mark’s wealth was updated (talking about money), and the capital amounted to $ 51.6 billion. But the guy is only 32 years old! By the way, like many on the list, he is of Jewish origin. Father is a dentist, mother is a psychiatrist. Mark has 3 sisters. How much do you think doctors could provide for 4 children? While still a schoolboy, Mark developed a network version of the game “Risk”, and while studying at Harvard – an internal social network, which he himself did not bring to mind, but the guys came to the rescue: Dustin Moskowitz, Eduardo Saverin and others.
1. The ex-president of Inditex could not be outside our list of the TOP 10 richest people in the world. And, you know, we put it first. While many multiply their income several times, Amancio Ortega, we are sure, is not “lost”. It was he who in October last year received the title of the richest man on the planet according to Forbes magazine. But in May 2016, his fortune was estimated at 72.9 billion dollars. If the name of the Indetex company does not tell you anything, then you have heard about the Zara brand. Here Amancio is the founder of this brand as well.
Amancio’s father was a railroad worker, and his mother was even “better” a servant. The family was so poor that the guy did not even finish high school, and at the age of 13 he began working as a messenger in a shirt store. Yes, did the 13-year-old guy then think that in 2015 he would lead the ranking of the richest people on the planet? We doubt. Today, the billionaire invests considerable sums in real estate in Florida, Madrid, London, as well as in banks and tourism.
This is how the ranking of the richest people in the world looks like, who started the path to their success from scratch. Are there no borders? They really don’t exist. Just act, and any goal will be achieved. Who knows, maybe you will find yourself in the Forbes ranking in a couple of years.
Share on social networks