Place of Birth & Education
Born in the city of Stryi, Lviv region. In 1988 he graduated with honors from the Ternopil Financial and Economic Institute (finance and credit). PhD in Economics…
- 1991-1992 – Chairman of the Lviv Regional Rescue Service of the Red Cross Society.
- 1992-1995 – director of the enterprise Karat.
- 1995-1997 – General Director of Galnaftogaz JSC.
- 1997-2001 – President of Galnaftogaz JSC (OKKO filling station network).
- Since 2001 – Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Concern Galnaftogaz OJSC (since September 2009 – Concern Galnaftogaz PJSC).
- 2004-2009 – President of the Universal Investment Group.
- Since 2006 – member of the Supervisory Board of JSC Concern Khlebprom.
- Since 2008 – Chairman of the Supervisory Board of OJSC “Insurance Company Universalna”.
In March 2011, Focus magazine estimated the businessman’s fortune at $ 575.4 million (36th place in the rating “200 richest people in Ukraine”).
- Since 1999 – Honorary Consul, and since 2007 – Honorary Consul General of the Republic of Lithuania in Lviv.
- 1999-2000 – Chairman of the Commission on the Fuel and Energy Complex of the Ukrainian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs.
- Since 2001 – Chairman of the Taras Shevchenko Ukrainian-Lithuanian Foundation.
- 2009-2010 – Member of the Investors Council under the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
- Co-founder of the Lviv Business School of the Ukrainian Catholic University.
- In 2016 Vitaliy Antonov was elected a member of the Supervisory Board of Ivan Franko Lviv National University.
He was awarded the Order of Merit, III degree, the government award of the Republic of Lithuania “Star of the Millennium of Lithuania”.
He is married with two daughters and a son.
Candidate Master of Sports in Mountaineering and Rock Climbing.