The ongoing pandemic has not stopped the top 10 richest people in the world from multiplying their income - according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, they earned a total of $ 385 billion in 2023, and their combined wealth, as of December 31, was $ 1.29 trillion.
Leading the ranking of the most successful billionaires in 2023 is the 50-year-old head of Tesla and SpaceX Elon Musk - he earned $114 billion, and his fortune has grown to $270 billion. Within a year, it exceeded the 300 billion mark, and in October, Forbes magazine named Elon the richest person who has ever lived on Earth.
In second place in the ranking of the richest billionaires is 57-year-old former Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, and closing the top three is 72-year-old CEO of conglomerate LVMH Bernard Arnault.
Top 10 richest billionaires in the world at the end of 2023
1. Elon Musk - $270 billion fortune, $114 billion profit.
2. Jeff Bezos - $192 billion net worth, $2.04 billion profit.
3. Bernard Arnault - $178 billion fortune, $63.6 billion profit.
4. Bill Gates - $138 billion net worth, $6.39 billion profit.
5. Larry Page - $128 billion net worth, $46 billion profit.
6. Mark Zuckerberg - $125 billion net worth, $22 billion profit.
7. Sergey Brin - $124 billion fortune, $43.7 billion profit.
8. Steve Ballmer - $120 billion net worth, $39.3 billion profit.
9. Warren Buffett - $109 billion net worth, $21.3 billion profit.
10. Larry Ellison - $107 billion net worth, $27.5 billion profit.
Earlier, Forbes published a rating of Russian billionaires who got rich in 2023.